Senior Wastewater Engineer
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec's Nevada City and/or Rocklin, CA office is seeking a Senior Wastewater Engineer to join our Water group. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to plan and design all aspects of wastewater infrastructure systems in a planning and design team setting. You are an excellent communicator, both oral and written, with strong organizational and leadership skills. This is a work environment where your abilities will strengthen and grow through a diverse range of projects focused on the delivery and management of water, wastewater and stormwater solutions with an emphasis on wastewater.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work individually or with a team to lead utility master planning efforts.
- Facilitate client funding strategies for planned infrastructure through active planning and funding pursuits (grants and loans) with assistance from our funding services team
- Work individually or with a team to undertake the design of wastewater infrastructure (e.g., pipelines, pump stations, lift stations).
- Undertake design of wastewater treatment plants and associated facilities.
- Prepare reports, design drawings, construction specifications.
- Perform construction/contract administration and site observation tasks.
- Liaise with clients and sub-consultants.
- Ensure that client needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Respond to Requests for Proposal (RFP) by interviewing the perspective client, preparing Statements of Qualifications (SOQ) and Proposals, and participating in selection interviews.
- Prepare scopes of work, fee estimates, and schedules for design and construction phases of projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in the use of MS Project and MS Office.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Strong commitment to the engineering profession and willingness to promote our profession through community outreach and service.
- Additional expertise preferred, but not required:
- Design of water and wastewater pipelines.
- Hydraulic modeling of pressure and gravity systems.
- Familiarity with alternative product delivery methods (e.g. Design/Build, Construction Manager at Risk, etc.).
- Familiarity with common public infrastructure funding programs (e.g. SRF, USDA, CDBG, etc.)
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
Minimum of 15 years water planning and design related experience in an engineering consulting environment. Modeling experience would be preferred, but not required.
Currently registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in California or able to obtain a California P.E. License within six (6) months from the date of hire.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Rocklin
Other Locations: United States-California-Nevada City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001EG
Back to top