Senior Wastewater Design Engineer
Your Opportunity Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Our Winnipeg Office has an immediate opening for a Senior Water/Wastewater Design Engineer in our Water Group.
Your Duties As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to plan and design water and wastewater treatment facilities, lift stations and appurtenances in a dynamic design team setting.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary teams in wastewater and water infrastructure projects.
- Undertake detailed design of water and/or wastewater treatment plants and water system planning and design; coordinate and direct the preparation of construction drawings, specifications, tender documents and applications for approval.
- Prepare technical reports, proposals and design briefs.
- Client relationship and vendor management.
- Ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering with a focus in water and/or wastewater treatment.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in water and/or wastewater engineering.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD (recent versions), MS Office proficiency including Word and Excel.
- P.Eng. designation is required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top