Senior Urban Designer
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Stantec in Abu Dhabi has an opening for a Senior Urban Planner/Urban Designer to join our dynamic multidisciplinary team. This position is specific to an exciting multiple buildings site.
• Lead and deliver with the urban design team the Concept and Detailed Master Plan Package for a multiple buildings project
• Support Landscape Team coordination with the Buildings, Infrastructure and Transport Team
• With the support of the technical leads, lead the delivery and coordination of the grading plan.
• Attend client meetings and conducting minutes, RFI and follow ups
• Promote a culture of inter disciplinary collaboration
• Assist the main Project PM with providing resource information, workplan, schedule and variation order updates pertaining to the project
• Collaborate with the stakeholder manager to ensure planning approvals are set up in line with the stakeholder management plan
• Ensure coordination with engineering disciplines is conducted and integrated in the workflow of the team, this will require initiation by the master planner in most cases pertaining to site wide discussions.
• Validate, review and provide recommendations on existing documentation pertaining to the project from the master planning perspective.
• Support in value engineering workshops
• Accountable to integrating discipline and specialty trade inputs in the master plan
• Develop, supervise and execute with the team design ideas and strategies associated with the masterplan
• Accountable to ensuring master plan regulatory compliance in the locality of the project and client requirements
• Red line and QA/QC of all deliverables and presentations
• Assist in the preparation of technical proposals as required
• Set up project work plan for related scope with the project manager
• Mentor junior team members
Senior Urban Designer
• Degree in Architecture or Landscape Architecture or Civil Engineering with proven experience in master planning/urban design; post graduate qualification in Urban Design or Planning is a plus.
• Seven to ten(7-10) years of professional experience in urban design and planning.
• Relevant experience in the GCC, UAE ( Abu Dhabi in particular is a requirement)
• Proven track record of multi-disciplinary large-scale master plan experience.
• Estidama certified and registered with proven project practice as PQP (preferred)
• Strong knowledge of DMT's Concept Master Plan,& Detailed Master Plan, Development Control Regulations Sheets requirements.
• Strong knowledge in the Community Facility Planning Manual and Public Realm Design Manual, general knowledge of the Utility Corridor Manual and Urban Street Design Manual
• Software skills required:
• Knowledge and passion for cross- disciplinary technical problem solving, contemporary issues of planning, urban design and urban sustainability
• Excellent presentation skills (public speaking, presenting to clients) and written communication skills.
• Proactive work ethic and ability to work independently.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to maintain a high energy level and a positive attitude in challenging situations.
• Desire for continued learning and career growth.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
United Arab Emirates-Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Back to top