Senior Tunnel Inspector
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity Your role will be to provide senior coordination of construction activities and contract administration in a fast-paced professional, design and delivery environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Visits construction sites and inspects each stage of construction up to completion. Interpret plans, specifications, and codes and verifies contract work is performed in accordance with them. Assist in obtaining approved designs and permits from utility companies for services to construction sites.
- Monitor construction sites for safety violations. Prepares Non-Conformance Reports when work is not performed to the approved standards. Maintains daily activity logs and reports.
- Review or prepare interim progress reports for contractor payments. Monitor contractor- testing activities. Prepare reports on labor, material, and equipment on site. Determine construction conforms to plans and specifications; if not issue Non-Conformance Reports for corrective action.
- Assist in maintaining, supporting, and promoting a safe work environment while complying with LACMTA's safety rules, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinates preparation of inspection cost estimates and maintenance records.
- Arranges, coordinates and oversees technical inspections such as electrical, mechanical, landscaping, soil testing, concrete, and asphalt mixes, and reinforcing steel for conformance to specification requirements.
- Coordinates Metro Test laboratory activities and compares verifications test results with result from Contractor's laboratory.
- May allocate inspection resources and supervise inspectors.
- Full knowledge of Tunnel Inspection methods and Current Tunnel Construction techniques; Construction Materials necessary to determine the quality and correct use in projects; and the safe working habits and regulations in relation to different phases of construction.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgement, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to lead in a collaborative project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought and effectively communicate concepts and ideas to others.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams.
- Excellent organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top