Senior Transportation Project Manager
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected!
Our Transportation group is growing throughout Florida and provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we're equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Stantec is currently seeking an "A player" to help us expand our Transportation Business in Tampa, Florida! We have a very collaborative environment within our region with a strong focus on client service. Come join a robust Transportation practice in Florida and build your career today!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships that allow us to have a positive impact on the communities we serve and grow our people through work on exciting and challenging projects
- Develop value-added solutions to clients' needs and lead the successful pursuit of contracts for engineering and consulting services
- Increase the company's profile within the transportation industry through participation with appropriate business and professional organizations
- Perform strategic planning and plan execution for both operations and business development
- Planning, organizing, and supervising the work of other transportation professionals
- Resource management, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring
- Effectively negotiate, plan, monitor and deliver quality projects and consulting services
- Reviewing engineered designs and plans for conformance with applicable state, regional & local agency standards
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A wide-ranging experience with county, city and state transportation projects
- An ability to develop schedules and plans for complex projects using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6
- Experienced at preparing powerful and impactful presentations utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint software
- Experienced developing, negotiating, and managing scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Proven business development and marketing experience required
- Ability to lead, motivate, mentor and develop a team of technical and professional staff
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) licensed in the State of Florida (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Minimum of twenty (20) years of progressive engineering and project management experience (minimum of 15 years of post-licensure experience)
Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree may be substituted for one (1) year engineering experience
Stantec takes pride in offering a very competitive compensation package and offers a comprehensive benefits package that could be considered one of the top in our industry. Stantec encourages memberships and involvement in professional and engineering related organizations.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 19000076
Back to top