Senior Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineer
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's Transportation practice in Regina or Saskatoon, SK i s currently seeking a Senior Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineer who has both design and planning experience.
Your Duties Experience in any of the below noted responsibilities would be considered an asset but not required:
- Technical design.
- Traffic studies.
- Project management/execution.
- D eveloping and maintaining client relationships.
- Four-step traffic modeling (trip generation, distribution, modal split, assignment.)
- Roadway operations and capacity analysis.
- Development of micro-simulation models.
- Pedestrian and bicycle planning.
- Transit planning.
- Parking demand studies.
- Collision analysis.
- Road safety audits.
- Final document preparation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering degree from an accredited post-secondary institution; degrees obtained in a related field of study (i.e. Geography, or Urban Planning) with a focus on transportation may also be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in traffic engineering and transportation planning.
- Business development and people management experience considered an asset.
- Proficiency in technical writing; capable of documenting and explaining planning/modeling assumptions.
- Experience and familiarity with Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways & Infrastructure's policies, as well as City of Saskatoon/Regina would be considered an asset.
- Experience writing and assisting with TIAs (Traffic Impact Assessments.)
- Experience working on a variety of transportation projects in broad range of environments (i.e. urban/rural, greenfield/brownfield, residential/commercial/industrial/mixed-use.)
- Working knowledge of industry software packages including Synchro, SIDRA, VISTRO, VISSIM, HCS, EMME; Civil3D experience would be considered an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top