Senior Transportation Planner
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec Consulting Services Inc. is actively seeking a Senior Project Manager/Transportation Planner to join our team in the Lexington, KY office!
Imagine being part of a dynamic team that designs innovative solutions for our diverse set of clients. Our Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services. As a senior transportation planner, you will be responsible for nurturing existing client relationships and developing new ones, including effective project management. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively lead marketing and business development efforts, as well as lead and organize the work of a technical team in the planning, design, processing and construction support of transportation projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate skills and experience in project management & transportation planning/engineering specific to both private and public clients.
- Meets regularly with key clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance and identify other business opportunities either with current clients or through referrals.
- The private client support includes supervision and preparation of traffic studies for land development projects, including residential and non-residential developments.
- The public sector support includes analysis related to corridor studies, access management, transportation comprehensive planning, and traffic engineering.
- This position also requires marketing of company services to existing and potential clients.
- This position may include supervision of technical staff and requires the ability to interact and communicate effectively with clients and public agencies.
- This position may perform project management duties on major transportation projects and planning studies which would include client and sub consultant coordination, making presentations to stakeholders when necessary, attending client meetings and visiting project sites.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Highly effective in assembling and leading teams on complex projects
- Highly effective in building and maintaining client relationships
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation
- Superior technical writing skills; capable of creating reports, letters and specifications as well as expert meeting facilitation and conference presentation
- Expert knowledge and experience using GIS
- Experience managing multiple transportation projects
- Demonstrated leadership in motivating teams of professionals to achieve goals
- Strong knowledge of NEPA requirements and related environmental regulations
- Experience with traffic impact studies and access management analysis
- Knowledge of HCS, SYNCHRO, VISSIM, and other traffic simulation programs - Skill in statistical analysis in conducting transportation and related duties and surveys
- Skill in research and technical analysis of planning related information - Project planner experience with corridor and regional level projects for state or local governments
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience with consultant, KYTC, local government on transportation projects preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Planning; Master of Science Degree is preferred
- Registered Professional Engineer in Kentucky and/or AICP is required
- Minimum 12 - 15 years of experience working as a transportation planner/engineer
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required, such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Transportation Planner
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Lexington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002WX
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top