Senior Transportation Engineer
- Portland, ME
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's New England Transportation group has an immediate need for talented, team focused Transportation Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience in roadway/highway design and pedestrian/bicycle facility design. The position is located in our Portland, Maine office. This position is for an individual with 10 years design experience looking to challenge themselves on a variety of transportation projects in the region.
We are looking for a Civil Engineer who have a positive attitude, are fast learners, and enjoy working in a team environment. The successful candidates will join a growing team of transportation professionals and play a lead role in the highway design component of large and small roadway and bridge projects throughout Maine and New England. The position has the potential to lead to project management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design roadways in accordance with AASHTO, MaineDOT and Maine Turnpike specifications and CADD Standards using Microstation and InRoads.
- Develop and oversee design plans and calculations, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Prepare engineering reports and technical studies such as design memos, feasibility studies, concept design reports, and Design Exception Reports.
- Collaborate with other disciplines such as structural and environmental services.
- Perform field work and construction phase services support.
- Interact with and present project designs to clients, agencies, and the public.
- Work alongside experienced practitioners to expand your knowledge.
- Help guide and mentor junior staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Maine PE or ability to obtain within six months
- Working knowledge of AASHTO, MaineDOT and Maine Turnpike design standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microstation and InRoads.
- Ability to lead a team through all phases of project document production.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with team members in other Stantec offices.
- Good communication skills.
- Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, punctual, and organized.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
Education and Experience
BS degree in Civil Engineering.
Minimum of 10 years design experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Portland
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001EX
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top