Senior Transportation Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's New England Transportation group has an immediate need for talented, team focused Senior Transportation Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience working on roadway/highway design, transportation planning/traffic engineering, stormwater and utility design projects. The position will be located in our Burlington, MA office.
This position is for an individual with 10 years progressive design and project management experience on municipal and agency projects of varying scale and complexity. You will play in integral part in delivering high quality technical services and tracking overall project performance. You will have an opportunity to help to pursue new projects and grow our transportation practice and project portfolio in Massachusetts and Southern New England. The ongoing success of our group will allow you to set the pace of your career.
Your Key Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Design roadways in accordance with AASHTO and MassDOT specifications and CADD Standards using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Develop design plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Prepare engineering reports and technical studies.
- Effectively present information at project interviews, meetings, and public hearings.
- Lead and contribute to interdisciplinary project teams.
- Guide and mentor junior staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Prior consulting experience and established client and agency contacts are desirable.
- Experience developing and working within an approved scope, budget and schedule.
- Strong client interaction and relationship skills.
- Team player and positive attitude.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field Post graduate degree preferred
- MA Licensed Professional Engineer.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Rhode Island-Providence, United States-Massachusetts-Quincy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001GX
Back to top