Senior Transportation Engineer
- Columbus, OH
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is looking for a Senior Transportation Engineer to join our Roadway Team in the Columbus, Ohio office. Senior Transportation Engineer will focus on management of roadway design projects related to transportation infrastructure. Stantec is looking for an experienced project manager with ODOT roadway design experience to work alongside our other Senior Transportation Engineers in a collaborative and professional environment to help grow and mentor our younger professionals and deliver projects with the high quality our clients have come to expect. The successful candidate will lead and/or participate on project teams in the development and delivery of designs for transportation projects. These projects will be designed according to established engineering standards and state or federal policies. This position will involve working on multiple projects of moderate scope with complex features.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Establish and track project scopes, schedules, budgets.
- Coordinate and track project status, action items, and monitor project progress for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communicate risks to the delivery of projects with the project team and client as they are identified and work to mitigate the risks.
- Prepare and/or lead lower level engineers preparing plans, estimates, and other deliverables for design transportation projects.
- Review project designs and deliverables for conformity to documented commitments, standards, and for quality assurance.
- Attend and document project meetings with agendas and/or notes/minutes.
- Assist upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor.
- Provide direction and coordinate staff necessary to complete assignments.
- Follow all in-house procedures related to documentation of designs, process flow, filing, etc.
- Actively participate in the marketing process by delivering quality work, providing excellent client service and assisting with project pursuits and proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency with Bentley MicroStation/Geopak.
- Experience with MS Project and Bentley Open Roads Designer (ORD) a plus.
- Experience with design build or other alternative delivery projects a plus.
- Ability to work in groups or alone.
- Good communication skills, attentiveness to detail, and multi-tasking ability.
- Willingness to learn new skills and interface with multiple project managers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Ohio (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive engineering and project management experience in transportation projects
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Columbus
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003IS
Back to top