Senior Transport Planner - Glasgow
Redefine your personal best.
Tired of your current role or not being challenged enough ? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in Transport that will reignite your career ?
Stantec have just the opportunity for you. We're currently looking for a Senior Transport/Traffic Engineer to join our busy and growing Glasgow Transport Team.
Our team is fortunate to work with excellent clients on some of the Scotland's most exciting transport & land development projects. Our client-focused and result-driven approach means that we benefit from significant repeat business and we are looking to strengthen the team to deliver an increasing workload and improve turnaround times on project delivery.
As transport planner / engineer, you would have a broad understanding of all elements of the transport planning profession but with a focus on transport and particularly development management. You will work on a wide range of transportation projects from small local developments to large strategic ones and local authority support.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide technical support in respect of transport inputs to support planning submissions including;
- Transport Statements & Transport Assessments
- Travel Plans & Packs
- Construction Traffic Management Plans
- To assist with the delivery of technical work relating to junction and transport analysis and highway design including:
- Spreadsheet modelling
- Junction Assessment (ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig, TRANSYT)
- Assist Project Managers on small-to-medium size transport projects and support Project Managers on large scale multi-disciplinary projects. To include financial and resource management.
- Produce CAD drawings for junction layouts and / or conceptual layouts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of technical standards including DMRB, MCHW, Development Guidelines, Designing Streets, National Roads Development Guidelines and Traffic Signs Manual, etc.
- Attend meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and the general public as required, and deputise for senior colleagues and management when need arises.
- Support technical staff in respect of project delivery including cycle design, active travel projects
- Assist with technical bid submissions and / or fee proposals
- Manage work in accordance within the Practice Management Systems including Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental systems.
If you would like more info on this role, please contact Eamon Cassidy: 07823538229 / email@example.com .
Back to top