Senior Traffic Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is currently seeking a motivated Senior Traffic Engineer to join our team in Atlanta! Qualified candidates will have at least 7 years of experience in traffic engineering studies, traffic analysis, traffic signal design, signal timing, signing and pavement marking design, and intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning/design.
Stantec's Atlanta office is demonstrating steady growth, due to its history of providing timely and cost-effective designs for the communities in which we live. Many of our projects are recognized by state and national award programs. We have a diversified client base of public sector (state, city, county) and private clients. Engineering News Record ranks Stantec as a Top 10 transportation design firm.
Stantec's Atlanta office is conveniently located at Peachtree Center, right above the MARTA station and within walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shopping.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work independently and as part of a team in evaluating and applying traffic engineering principles
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams on tasks such as traffic capacity and safety analysis, intersection and signal operation analysis, intersection and signal design, signing and pavement marking plans
- Utilize various design software/tools (Synchro, HCS, Sidra, etc.) for traffic analysis of a variety of conditions and needs at specific intersections, along arterial corridors, and for freeway segments
- Lead the development of traffic signal design plans, specifications, and estimates based upon agency standards
- Lead or assist project teams with ITS planning or design for communications, devices and details
- Become familiar with client traffic analysis and design standards, as well as Federal and State design guidelines, to ensure compliance with project deliverables
- Interact directly with DOT and local government clients and review agencies at project meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with key traffic engineering clients
- Supervise entry-level staff for traffic engineering tasks
- Assume project management responsibilities
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Traffic analysis and modeling experience
- Traffic studies experience
- Signal design experience
- Signing and pavement marking design experience
- ITS design experience preferred
- Signal timing experience preferred
- Proficiency with Synchro, HCS, Sidra and other traffic engineering software
- Proficiency with MicroStation
Education and Experience
Completion of a 4-year college level academic program in Civil Engineering or related discipline with a Bachelor of Science degree; Master of Science degree with an emphasis in transportation is preferred.
Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience
Registration as a Georgia Professional Engineer (PE) or ability to obtain within 6 months; PTOE certification is preferred.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900023O
Back to top