Senior Traffic Engineer
- Quincy, MA
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
This position is for a Senior Traffic Engineer with a minimum of 10 years progressive design and project management experience on municipal, agency and other transportation projects. You will serve as project manager or lead traffic engineer and play a crucial role to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality technical services and tracking overall project performance for projects of varying scale and complexity, from conceptual through final design. You will be expected to evaluate and develop solutions to improve mobility for all users, integrating Complete Streets principles and, where applicable, urban mobility best practices.
You will also make a substantial contribution to our pursuits of new projects in Massachusetts and throughout New England to grow our transportation practice. The ongoing success of our group will allow you to set the pace of your career.
The position will be primarily located in our Burlington, MA office with opportunities to work in our Quincy, MA and Boston, MA offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Serve as transportation project manager or lead traffic engineer in the design team, monitoring project design quality, schedule, scope and budgets. Also responsible for office production and overall QA/QC of the elements of projects, including reports, plans, specifications and cost estimates.
- Management and oversight for tasks such as traffic safety analysis, intersection design, traffic signal design, roadway signing and pavement markings layout, maintenance of traffic and traffic operations analysis and simulation.
- Preparation and review of written technical reports to document the results of engineering/planning studies.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key clients and review agencies.
- Provide leadership to grow traffic engineering staff, influence, mentor and train team members with positive growth-oriented perspective
- Preparation of written proposals for multidisciplined transportation projects, participation in interviews and contract negotiations
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including effective presentation of information in public settings.
- Collaborates effectively within project teams and with other groups and company offices
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project development.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Familiarity with MassDOT design standards.
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of project tasks within the overall project schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite, including MS Project
- Experience with various design software/tools (Synchro, HCS, Sidra, Vissim, etc.) for multi-modal operations analysis and simulation for a variety of conditions and needs at specific intersections, along arterial corridors, for freeway segments and interchanges and complex urban settings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 10 years of experience. More experienced individuals are encouraged to apply as the responsibilities of the position are flexible based on experience level.
- PTOE desired.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Burlington
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Massachusetts-Quincy
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000WL
Back to top