Senior Traffic Engineer
Your Opportunity: Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Duties: Stantec is seeking to hire a Senior Traffic Engineer to assist the Maryland Transportation practice. The responsibilities for this position include traffic engineering design, traffic analysis using modeling tools such as Synchro, VISSIM, CORSIM, traffic control device and traffic signal design, signing and pavement marking design for highway and roadway projects.
Your duties will include all aspects of traffic engineering design from preliminary schematic through PS&E, including: project management, traffic signal design, traffic control plans, signing and striping. Additionally, traffic impact analysis and traffic impact studies will be required. Will prepare traffic reports and construction documents under the direction of a Project Manager and perform tasks in MicroStation as required including graphics and displays for public meetings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) Certification is preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years' experience in transportation and/or traffic engineering and design
- Experience working with MicroStation and Geopak
- Experience using Synchro, VISSIM and/or CORSIM analysis tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work with a design team
- Experience in preparing highway construction documents including plans and specifications
- Previous work experience for Maryland SHA, Virginia DOT or District of Columbia DOT
- Familiarity with Maryland SHA Standards
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top