Senior Traffic and ITS Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking to hire a Senior Traffic and ITS Engineer to support the Georgia Transportation practice as well as Stantec company wide. The responsibilities for this position include traffic engineering design; traffic analysis using modeling tools such as Synchro, VISSIM, CORSIM; traffic signal design and operations; intelligent transportation system planning and operations; business development activities for traffic engineering and ITS services and design for highway and roadway projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- All aspects of traffic engineering design/operations and intelligent transportation system design/operations from preliminary conceptual design through PS&E, including: business development, project management, traffic signal design/operations, traffic control plans, signing and striping, advanced transportation system management planning and design/operations, intelligent transportation system planning and design/operations, communication network design/operations.
- Researching feasibility of alternative approaches, technology capabilities, previous experiences with ITS deployments, cost benefits and client/regulatory agency specifications.
- Conducting testing, deployment, operation, support and maintenance of traffic signal system and ITS systems including software, devices, data and other related technology.
- Developing and implementing traffic signal system timing and ITS equipment integration.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience using Synchro, VISSIM and/or CORSIM analysis tools - Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work with and lead a design team - Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with Microstation
- IMSA Level II certification in Traffic Signals or better
- Experience in preparing highway construction documents including plans and specifications
- Familiarity with GDOT Standards
- Hands on experience with traffic signal controllers, central management systems, CCTV equipment
Education and Experience Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering or a related degree. Licensed professional Engineer (P.E. ) registration in Georgia or ability to become registered in Georgia within 12 months of hire date.
A minimum of fifteen (15) years' experience in traffic engineering, roadway engineering and/or intelligent transportation system design
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top