Senior Track Designer/Engineer
- Atlanta, GA
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An immediate opening exists in for a Senior Track Designer/Engineer. Our intent is to grow this practice area significantly across the company, and this is an opportunity to assist in developing our rapidly growing business.
Your Key Responsibilities
- A proactive hands-on role in railroad track design projects
- Management of the track design process through the conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design phases
- Development of ballasted and non-ballasted track structures, track alignment, profile, and associated grading plus drainage
- Assessment of rail vehicle/infrastructure clearances
- Peer review of the track design and associated reports prior to submission
- Liaison with other disciplines to ensure all work is completed to a high standard and with a consistent approach
- Preparation of the design briefs, technical reports, design analysis and calculations
- Calculation of quantities, preparation of cost estimates, project specifications and construction bid/tender documents
- Provide technical direction to junior designers/engineers and oversee work undertaken by junior staff
- Working with Project Managers on developing design schedule and budgets
- Participation in the preparation of proposals and other strategic initiatives
- Interaction with clients and transportation agencies on a regular basis
- Conducting periodic trackwork inspection comply with Stantec Quality Management, Safety, and Environmental policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have a strong technical understanding of Class I Railway design for mainline, yards, industrial tracks, intermodal and transload facilities, special trackwork; ballasted and non-ballasted track and associated grading and drainage
- Ability to supervise more junior staff and coordinate production workload
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, meet the deadlines and budget targets
- Ability to work independently on projects and communicate potential issues with respect to scheduling, budget, or progress; and identify potential change orders
Education and Experience
- Preferably 10 or more years' experience in railway track engineering and complex, multi-discipline railroad/transit projects
- PE License is Required, multiple states a plus
- Experience in commuter and light rail transit projects
- Experience in track construction supervision and trackwork inspection
- Experience in P3 infrastructure projects
- Experience with MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Other Locations: United States-South Carolina-North Charleston, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Georgia-Alpharetta, United States-Tennessee-Nashville, United States-Kentucky-Lexington, United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Tennessee-Chattanooga
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 2000005V
Back to top