Senior Track Designer/Engineer
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An immediate opening exists in our Raleigh Transportation Group for a Senior Track Designer/Engineer. Our intent is to grow this practice area significantly across the company, and this is an opportunity to assist in developing our rapidly growing business.
- A proactive hands-on role in railroad track design projects
- Management of the track design process through the conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design phases
- Development of ballasted and non-ballasted track structures, track alignment, profile, and associated grading plus drainage
- Assessment of rail vehicle/infrastructure clearances
- Peer review of the track design and associated reports prior to submission
- Liaison with other disciplines to ensure all work is completed to a high standard and with a consistent approach
- Preparation of the design briefs, technical reports, design analysis and calculations
- Calculation of quantities, preparation of cost estimates, project specifications and construction bid/tender documents
- Provide technical direction to junior designers/engineers and oversee work undertaken by junior staff
- Working with Project Managers on developing design schedule and budgets
- Participation in the preparation of proposals and other strategic initiatives
- Interaction with clients and transportation agencies on a regular basis
- Conducting periodic trackwork inspection comply with Stantec Quality Management, Safety, and Environmental policies.
- Preferably 10 ot more years' experience in railway track engineering and complex, multi-discipline railroad/transit projects
- Must have a strong technical understanding of Class I Railway design for mainline, yards, industrial tracks, intermodal and transload facilities, special trackwork; ballasted and non-ballasted track and associated grading and drainage
- Experience in commuter and light rail transit projects
- Ability to supervise more junior staff and coordinate production workload
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, meet the deadlines and budget targets
- Ability to work independently on projects and communicate potential issues with respect to scheduling, budget, or progress; and identify potential change orders
- Experience in track construction supervision and trackwork inspection
- Experience in P3 infrastructure projects
- Preferred Software experience - MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Transportation Infrastructure Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top