Senior Telecommunications Specialist
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Your Opportunity Our Kelowna office has an opportunity for a Senior Telecommunications Specialist within our Power and Telecommunications Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for estimating, designing and issuing construction work packages for copper or fibre based residential and business services, copper or fibre plant infrastructure upgrades and mainway and incidental conduit systems.
- Knowledge of industry design standards and applicable codes for the design of communication facilities and infrastructure is required.
- Must have experience securing permitting and approvals from municipal, regional and provincial jurisdictions.
- Must be prepared to travel to provide expertise to Stantec offices in BC.
- Will be required to pass on knowledge and expertise to junior team members in the form of an ongoing mentorship program.
- Must be able to work in a project team environment in coordination with other engineering disciplines and be committed to quality and effective time management.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in the design of copper and fiber optic networks.
- Understanding of telecommunications protocols and procedures.
- Experience in estimating, designing and issuing Telecommunications construction work packages.
- Considerable experience with Telecommunications specific software systems including the following: CET, SAP, FOX, SRM, e-fulfillment, FMS, SpatialNET, myWorld, GIS and AutoCAD. - Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience Graduate of a 2 year technical program in Telecommunications and Networks or equivalent.
Minimum of 10 years' experience in the design of telecommunication systems. - RTMgr or AScT designation preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impaStantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal bestct on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Back to top