Senior Technical Architect
Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the p ast to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
- Take ownership for the technical design and documentation delivery of multiple / complex projects on time, within budget, and to the required quality standards - organize a team, assign workload to junior architects and/or CAD and/ or Revit technical resources.
- Communicate regular project updates to project team members and relevant sub-consultants - ensure design and project manager is kept up to date on all project related matters .
- Lead Technical Quality Management in the team and in turn contribute positively to design quality on all active projects.
- Promote the multi-disciplinary approach in developing technical solutions - promote multi-disciplinary approach to addressing design team's requirements, client's needs and in winning projects.
- Maintain, enhance and apply technical knowledge.
- Assist if required for preparation of proposals, submissions and/or reports for projects, as it relates to robust technical solutions aligned to the design objectives.
- Monitor & Control project technical design performance and report to Project Manager / Design Manager. Recommend overtime working and staff leave.
- Support designers to meet client expectations by delivering a quality service.
- Establish and nurture client relationships.
- Positively share knowledge and experiences - mentor junior and intermediate staff; Serve as a trainer and resource for junior level staff
- Display exemplary levels of professional behaviour.
- Actively participate in Sustainable Design practices, promoting them in all projects possible.
- Must have a high level understanding of local and key international codes, health and safety requirements, and be able to work well within integrated design teams.
- Should be able to prepare technical reports, evaluation reports, value-engineering studies etc. to assist the design team and the client in making informed decisions on technical aspects of design when needed.
- Evaluate and select technical solutions, building systems and materials.
- Understands QA processes and how to make needed corrections and/or revisions on production materials.
- Can assemble a complete set of technical drawings and specifications to meet the design intent and project's tender requirements
- Can perform in all aspects of the Construction Administration phase to technically evaluate contractor's submittals and provide t echnical support as necessary for the Site Architect.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments such as new codes, new materials and construction technologies, new design concepts, computer applications, drafting methods, etc.
- Adheres to the values and behavior aligned to Stantec Core Values, Ethics & Code of Conduct.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Relevant and recognized tertiary and / or post-graduate qualification.
- A guideline of 10+ years' experience of a wide range of relevant projects with at least three (3) years' experience in the UAE.
- Excellent materials and construction detailing knowledge.
- A member of a relevant professional association (e.g. AIA, RIBA etc) & track record of relevant CPD participation.
- Results oriented to meet client expectations, budgets and deadlines.
- Experience of tools and documentation relevant to the discipline (e.g. CAD, BIM,, MS Office etc)
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, organized, professional and able to communicate effectively - verbal, written and graphic. .
- A high level of ability in technical design and design development. Able to illustrate and communicate technical thinking. Robust knowledge of tools, documentation, processes and procedures relevant to your discipline.
- Suitable people skills, resource management skills + effective leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and delegation.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top