Senior Technical Advisor
- Salt Lake City, UT
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Stantec's Water practice in Salt Lake City, Utah has a unique opportunity for a part-time Senior Wastewater Technical Advisor with experience in wastewater treatment.
The role of the Senior Wastewater Technical Advisor is to help our water team deliver superior technical quality on both small and large projects, as well as coach team members in their technical understanding and approach on complex projects. The Senior Wastewater Technical Advisor should be able to perform a variety of tasks which may include attending and conducting conceptual concept and design criteria review meetings, and quality control checking of calculations, drawings and specs at key design project milestones. The projects assigned may have complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge and experience. You will lead the quality control analysis of proposed projects and help compile review comments from multi-discipline engineering teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Quality review of calculations, design criteria, drawings and specs for technical accuracy and completeness on wastewater treatment design projects.
- Acts as a technical resource and mentor by providing guidance to other team members. Advises on technical problems.
- May perform or assist Project Manager and/or Project Technical Lead with reviewing and conducting alternative analyses to support business case evaluations for making project decisions.
- Participate in constructability reviews.
- Assist and/or lead the development of proposals and contract negotiation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical expert in many relevant areas of design and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of design and construction codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of civil systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Leads, participates and collaborates in project team setting and engages in creative and critical thought.
- Advanced understanding of civil engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Require understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor' degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Some periodic travel may be required to project sites and/or other Stantec offices for design team reviews.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000013D
Back to top