Senior Systems Engineer - Mass Transit
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Opportunity We are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to manage Mass Transit Projects in the Fresno, CA area. Remote work/open location.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage project team responsible for systems engineering
- Develop and manage required management plans associated with transit projects
- Develop and track project requirements through completion of project
- Comprehend and guide engineering disciplines through development of interface designs (electrical, mechanical, civil, structural, etc.)
- Ensure designers are managing their requirements
- Provide traceability of design requirements through site validation
- Familiar with Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA) Threat and Vulnerability Analysis (PHA) processes
- Familiar with Interface Control Documentation, Requirements Traceability Documentation, Verification and Validation Process, System Safety Documentation
- Develop database of project requirements
- Manage project budget for project related systems engineering team
- Management of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Safety and Security Certification process for client
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 5 years in Mass Transit market preferred
- Professional Engineering License preferred
- Strong written and oral skills
- Process oriented
- Member of or have received Systems Engineering Certification from INCOSE
- Understanding of the Systems Engineering Approach to project design
- Ability to travel
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil engineering
10 - 15 years in systems engineering related work
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top