Senior Sustainability Consultant
Stantec's San Francisco based Sustainable Solutions team is a collaborative and creative group of multi-disciplinary sustainability and energy management professionals. We provide professional consulting services that support high quality and high performance projects in the built environment.
Our service areas include Sustainability Planning, Green Buildings, Performance Engineering, and Building Science. We work with public and private sector clients in the community development, commercial, health care, education, institutional and airport sectors in communities across BC and around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated senior consulting professional with specialized expertise in integrated design, green building, and sustainable urban development. The successful candidate will contribute technically to our team's existing portfolio of existing Green Building and LEED projects, and will also contribute to community scale and resource management consulting assignments.
The successful candidate is an architect or engineer with a related graduate degree and seven years of professional experience in a related area. You have a strong background in urban sustainability issues with an understanding of land development, infrastructure and resource management processes. You will also be responsible for growing Stantec's sustainability solutions brand through increased service offerings on the US west coast.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the green building certification process on projects across all studios (e.g. LEED, WELL, Fitwel, Envision, LBC). Knowledge of each rating system is critical to organize teams, documentation and track progress towards goals.
- Develop clients in sustainability and bring in work for the Sustainable Solutions team.
- Manage and deliver projects and programs.
- Develop marketing strategies, business plans, and proposals.
- Identify strategies and solutions for clients that improve the performance and sustainability of the built environment.
- Interpret trends and statistics.
- Collaborate within a team setting as a team player to influence design and optimize project results. Life cycle cost analysis and cost-benefit analyses.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and/or design teams.
- Mentor and develop junior staff.
- Green Building certifications in current standing: LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP at minimum, LEED O+M highly encouraged.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver persuasive and compelling presentations.
- Strong technical report writing and proposal development skills.
- Ability to think broadly across several focus areas and bring together an optimized solution.
- Analytical thinking to draw sensible conclusions from own work and communicate these clearly to others.
- Detailed knowledge of the LEED rating systems and / or other sustainability rating system programs
- Working knowledge of sustainable design and alternative energy strategies for buildings and communities.
- Familiarity with Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUp.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience with simulation software: IES , eQUEST, TRNSYS, EE4, DOE-2, and/or EnergyPlus.RETScreen, Radiance, HAP, TRACE, and/or Hot2000 experience an asset.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 7
Discipline Buildings Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top