Senior Structural Engineer (Site)
- Doha, Qatar
Stantec is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to support on a buildings project in Qatar.
Key Tasks and Duties:
• Managing the Structural design of the project(s)
• Design review and conformance
• Prepare reports Weekly/Monthly, design drawings and specifications
• Structural Presentations where applicable
• Making Structural calculations - loads and stresses
• Calculate the pressures, stresses, and strains that each component will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
• Selecting appropriate construction materials
• Providing technical advice
• Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by Contractors and Sub-Contractors/ Specialists
• Administering contracts
• Inspecting conditions/foundations/Structural works on site
• Analyse configurations of the basic structural components of the building or other structure(s);
• Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and Masonry, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of Structural Design.
• Liaise with all other design disciplines, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept at construction;
• Examine structures at risk and advise how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective items.
• Make drawings, specifications, and computer models of structures for Client, Contractor and or Specialists;
• Work with Geotechnical Engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
• Liaise with Construction Contractors to ensure that all components erected are structurally sound;
•Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures
Senior Structural Engineer (Site)
• Bachelor's degree in relevant disciplines: Civil or Structural Engineering and Membership of a recognized Institute or equivalent
• Minimum Five (5) years' experience in a similar or equivalent position and job description, 2 years minimum Middle East site experience.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, and trade practices is required.
• Experience of working on Health Projects advantageous.
• Understanding of sustainable building goals and objectives.
• Local Authority Knowledge and understanding.
• Good HSE awareness.
• Computer proficiency.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Back to top