Senior Structural Engineer - Construction
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec's New York City office is seeking a Construction Inspector/Structural with 5 to 10 years' experience in the construction/rehabilitation of masonry façade. The position will require the monitoring of the quality of construction of a masonry façade on a high-rise building. The person will be working on the construction site and will assist the Resident Engineer in monitoring the quality of the construction. The position also requires supervision of work by another inspector and coordination between Stantec's design group and Resident Engineer's office
Your Key Responsibilities
- Monitor quality of construction during the rehabilitation of masonry façade.
- Develop daily inspection reports.
- Supervise and guide a junior inspector(s).
- Coordinates flow of shop drawings and submittals between the Resident Engineer and the design office.
- Attends meetings with the contractor, resident engineer, and the design team
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional Engineer License in State of New York or ability to obtain one within 3 months.
- Thorough understanding of masonry construction. Prior experience in masonry construction and/or design is a plus.
- Strong background in construction of building structures.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Structural Engineering or related field. Minimum of 5-10 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 180000U6
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top