Senior Structural Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity Stantec's Mechanicsburg, Pittsburgh, Philly and Westchester, PA office has an opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing team of transportation professionals servicing state, toll authority, and municipal clients throughout Pennsylvania. This position will assist the Bridge Structure effort in PA.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Bridge Design Task Leader
- Structural design and project delivery for both complex and non-complex transportation structures including bridges, retaining walls, and toll plaza facilities in accordance with specifications
- Construction drawing preparation/review using CADD
- Analysis/design of other transportation structures, water resource structures, and miscellaneous structures
- Ability to be technical lead and assist in grooming technical skills of junior engineering staff
- Work in a team environment while contributing to quality designs and construction contract documents.
- Assist in Statement of Interest preparation
Education and Experience Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university
Professional Engineer (P.E.) registration in PA
Minimum of fifteen (15) years of bridge design/management experience - PennDOT design experience
Experience with PennDOT design software, 3-D finite element software such as CSiBridge, STAAD, and/or SAP, and Microstation
Strong knowledge of AASHTO bridge specifications and PennDOT/ PTC Design Manuals
Microsoft (MS) Excel and Word skills
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top