Senior Structural Engineer
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation and Buildings team provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit infrastructures. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
An opportunity exists for a Senior Structural Engineer at our John Street, NY office.
Your Duties An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Senior Structural Engineer to become part of a dynamic structural group. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing design calculations, drawings and details for various building projects.
- The design of new structures and rehabilitation of existing structures.
- Field investigation and condition assessment of existing structures.
- Mentoring young engineers in the structural design of buildings.
- Client coordination including coordinating deliveries, submittals, meeting, review comments etc. Clients include public agencies and private clients.
- Working with other structural staff and departments to complete projects.
- Assisting Principals in preparing proposals and development of the building and infrastructure portfolio.
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- 8-10 years' experience in the structural design for buildings and infrastructure with experience in the design and construction phases.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of NY. Ability to obtain the Professional Engineer license in the State of NJ.
- Proficient in steel, concrete (incl. precast and prestressed), masonry and timber design.
- Proficiency in BIM modeling and BIM based project delivery.
- Proficiency in Staad Pro, CSI SAP 2000, ETABS, SAFE, Ram Steel, AutoCAD, Revit and MicroStation. Knowledge of AECOSim a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the building codes and agency standards.
- Proven track record delivering designs on large scale, complex building and infrastructure projects and coordinating teams from different disciplines.
- You are comfortable being the lead structural engineer on building and infrastructure projects and are able to play a key role in project delivery from inception to construction.
- You have strong oral and written communication skills, and place a high emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of your work. In addition, your strong leadership and team building skills are essential to meet the expectations of this challenging position.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top