Senior Structural Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Rochelle Park, New Jersey Transportation Group is seeking an experienced & talented Senior Structural Engineer with 10 to 15 years of relevant experience to join our team and work alongside engineering professionals who provide strong diverse structural engineering services in bridge structures at Stantec. This position is primarily a project manager role with a strong design/analysis background.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Managing a project or tasks and overseeing the project design team which prepares structural design calculations in accordance with applicable design standards and Agencies (i.e. AASHTO, IBC, ACI, AISC, NJDOT, NJTA & NYSDOT)
- Performing structural analysis of new designs and existing structures (Low rise building structure, Bridges and other miscellaneous structure such wall, sign structures etc. Experience with concrete design and construction is also required)
- Leading and reviewing conceptual design alternatives in order to develop innovative and cost effective design solutions
- Preparing technical specifications and special provisions
- Providing direction to CAD designers and junior engineers for drawing production
- Performing internal QC reviews for detailed design
- Tender document preparation and contract management
- Regular collaboration with colleagues in other offices and different areas of expertise in an integrated design environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of IBC, AASHTO, ACI, ASCE, NJDOT, NJTA standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to lead a design team on assignments
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. PE License with 10-15 years of relevant work experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Structural Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Rochelle Park
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900007H
Back to top