Senior Structural Engineer
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Rochelle Park, New Jersey Transportation Group is seeking an experienced & talented Senior Structural Engineer with 10 to 15 years of relevant to join our team and work alongside engineering professionals who provide strong diverse structural engineering services in the bridge, building and marine structures at Stantec.
This position is primarily a project manager role with a strong design/analysis background.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing a project or tasks and overseeing the project design team which prepares structural
design calculations in accordance with applicable design standards and Agencies (i.e. AASHTO, IBC,
ACI, AISC, NJDOT, NJTA & NYSDOT)
• Performing structural analysis of new designs and existing structures (Low rise building structure,
Bridges and other miscellaneous structure such wall, sign structures etc. Experience with concrete
design and construction is also required)
• Leading and reviewing conceptual design alternatives in order to develop innovative and cost
effective design solutions
• Preparing technical specifications and special provisions
• Providing direction to CAD designers and junior engineers for drawing production
• Performing internal QC reviews for detailed design
• Tender document preparation and contract management
• Regular collaboration with colleagues in other offices and different areas of expertise in an
integrated design environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- PE License with 10-15 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of IBC, AASHTO, ACI, ASCE, NJDOT, NJTA standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to lead a design team on assignments
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Transportation Infrastructure Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top