Senior Stormwater Resources Engineer
Stantec has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Stormwater Resources Engineer based in Southern California (Los Angeles preferred) to collaborate with water resources, environmental sciences, and landscape architecture staff as part of a growing Stormwater Resources practice.
The Senior Stormwater Resources Engineer will perform all facets of stormwater management, including hydrology and hydraulics (H&H) related design and compliance projects, with the goals of:
• Delivering high quality products/outcomes
• Meeting financial and timeline performance requirements
• Achieving client satisfaction
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage and lead a variety of projects with a focus on flood mitigation and protection, urban drainage designs, streambed protection, urban storm water management, water quality modeling, regulatory compliance, low impact development (LID) design, and green infrastructure
• Specialize in the preparation of technical reports such as Water Quality Technical Reports, Hydromodification Management Plans, and Drainage Reports, including supporting AutoCAD/GIS analyses
• Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments and managing projects that are larger in scope and more complex than previous level.
• Provides advice and consultation to client as regards to engineering matters, including compliance with federal/state laws and regulations.
• Regularly develops and evaluates project plans.
• Lead the preparation of construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, and planning/engineering reports
• Prepare conceptual designs and construction plans using GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation software
• Delegate work, mentor, and supervise less experienced staff while managing projects of varying size and complexity
• Identify and develop new clients and work, manage existing clients and contracts, and lead/assist marketing endeavors
• Assist or manage the preparation of proposals, and provide creative project approaches through written, verbal, and graphic communication
• Secures and manages clients and contracts.
• Project work could include small- and large-scale infrastructure projects for natural and urban environments focused on stormwater management systems, green infrastructure, sustainable stormwater, floodplain determinations and delineations, flood control analyses, risk assessment and management, and ecosystem restoration
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• 10+ years' experience in designing and constructing drainage facilities with emphasis on green infrastructure
• California Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Civil Engineering
• One or more professional certification(s) related to stormwater compliance (CPESC, CPSWQ, CESSWI, CMS4S, QSP/D, QISP, ToR, etc.)
• Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental legislation and regulations
• Excellent organizational, technical writing, and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ownership and accountability for quality deliverables
• Existing local client relationships.
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email [email protected]
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top