Senior Software Developer
- Markham, Canada
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger
We have an immediate need for a Software Developer on the IT team within Stantec.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Documenting the types and structure of the data as well as mapping and tracing data from system to system to solve a given business or system problem Manage data integration from different sources into the database and apply QC/QA processes.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable code.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems.
- Interact with business stakeholders, end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to functional and technical team members and management.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, problem solving/debugging skills.
- Must have experience in C# .NET Framework 4.x, .NET Core 2.x or higher.
- Development experience with MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Ability to work independently.
- Some experience in Agile methodologies and practices.
- Python and Angular 2 experience is highly desirable.
- .NET Core experience highly desirable.
- Experience with Docker is highly valued.
- Automated end-to-end test experience with Cypress, Protractor or Selenium.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computing Science or equivalent related 2-3 years of work experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Applications Development
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Markham
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000Y1
Back to top