Senior Roadway Engineer
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Opportunity Join Stantec's dynamic Transportation team in Columbia, SC, enjoying a growing transportation-sector economy. An opportunity exists in our Columbia, SC office for a Senior Roadway Engineer to provide professional design services to public sector clients, including the South Carolina Department of Transportation, local City and County Governments, and others.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Leading the expansion of a well-respected and sustainable road design practice in South Carolina group for Stantec's Columbia Office.
- Assisting in future client development consisting primarily of SCDOT, Cities, Counties, Private Enterprises, and Contractors.
- Evaluating proposed opportunities and advance proposal efforts.
- Helping identify and hire key road design staff.
- Preparing project scope of services and negotiate contracts on behalf of Stantec. Ensure budget compliance for each project.
- Serving as the Project Manager on transportation projects to lead staff in production of work.
Your Credentials and Capabilities
- Interstate design and project management experience would be an asset.
- Experience in road design for SCDOT projects is desirable.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Track record as a strong leader with proven time management and team building skills are essential.
- Demonstrate solid technical abilities in the area of design of highway facilities.
Education and Experience Registered as a Professional Engineer in the South Carolina (or eligible for registration within 6 months)
Have 8 to 15 years' work related experience, including previous experience in highway/arterial roadway design along with Microstation experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top