Senior Quantity Surveyor (Water Supply)
Stantec Dammam is currently seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to support on a mega water supply project for the eastern region comprising of Project Management, Design and Construction Supervision.
- Technical Delivery
• Experience in all facets of quantity surveying including cost planning, quantity take-off, preparation of bills of quantities in CESMM format, estimating, tender and contract document production, report writing, claim evaluation/ negotiation, general post contract administration, valuation of variations, agreement of new rates, Taking Over Certificates and Defects Liability.
• Assistance Project Managers on commercial matters
• Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximise the company's cashflow
• Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with
• General commercial management of sub-contractors
• Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations
• Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims
• Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts
• Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time
• Liaison and co-ordination to ensure financial report is timely and accurate
- Collaboration and working as part of a team
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Work under the direction of the Technical Lead;
• Conduct field inspections under the supervision of the Technical Lead, and Client Engineer representative.
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
- Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
1) Conceptual Studies
• Review and assess existing Master Plans
• Promote ideas and options and evaluate towards cost effective solutions
• Offer guidance and recommendations to allow the client to make decisions
• Development of Master Plans and concepts into preliminary designs
• Specify and take part in field investigations and data requirements necessary for the provision of information to support the design
2) Detail Design
• Preparation of detail designs for pressurized TSE networks are a key element of the role
• Preparation of detail designs for sewerage, drainage and potable water networks
• Proficiency in the use of hydraulic modelling software and techniques
• Preparation of civil engineering designs of structures including pumping stations and reservoirs
• Preparation of technical specifications and tender documentation
• Control of drafting activities
• The review of work performed by team members
3) General Attributes
• Preparation of high quality and professional reports
• Preparation and delivery of presentations to clients and colleagues
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent client service management
• Strong collaboration and team ethics
• Working to agreed budgets and time lines
• Excellent computer skills
• Flexible and proactive approach towards working hours and travel
Career Level Expectations:
• Fully competent in all conventional aspects of subject matter or functional area
• Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standards
• Devises new solutions to problems encountered
• Independently performs most assignments with instruction
• Receives guidance for unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval for changes in standards
• Relevant college or university graduate or equivalent industry specific skills and experience
• Positions may be senior-level or lead for administrative or technical positions
Senior Quantity Surveyor (Water Supply)
Minimum B.Sc. Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience
- Demonstrate Experience in similar projects
Civil Engineering, Design
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Saudi Arabia - Dammam
Back to top