At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients' communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose. If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec Qatar is currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our dynamic team and support on a flood prevention scheme project. The scope of the project includes design review, project management, and site supervision of urgent flooding mitigation works at two residential communities in Doha spanning 600 and 650 ha.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
- Technical Delivery:
• Experience in all facets of quantity surveying including cost planning, quantity take-off, preparation of bills of quantities in CESMM format, estimating, tender and contract document production, report writing, claim evaluation/ negotiation, general post contract administration, valuation of variations, agreement of new rates, Taking Over Certificates and Defects Liability.
• Assistance Project Managers on commercial matters.
• Assistance in preparation, submission and agreement of interim payment applications to maximise the company's cashflow.
• Co-ordination to ensure contractual requirements are complied with.
• General commercial management of sub-contractors.
• Accurate and efficient measurement, identification and measurement of variations.
• Production and agreement of final accounts and additional cost claims.
• Placing sub contact orders and agreement of subcontract final accounts.
• Ensuring that income from interim applications is received on time.
• Liaison and co-ordination to ensure financial report is timely and accurate.
- Collaboration and working as part of a team:
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Conduct field inspections under the supervision of the Technical Lead, and Client Engineer representative.
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
- Client Service Management:
• Internal and external client liaison.
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships.
• Experience in utility diversions and management.
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner:
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Resident Engineer.
Senior Quantity Surveyor (micro-tunneling)
If you have the following qualifications, we would love for you to be a part our diverse team:
• Bachelor's Degree in a Quantity Surveying Discipline from a recognized University.
• Post graduate Chartership in Quantity Surveying would be an advantage.
• Minimum 15 years experience in construction related quantity surveying, of which 7 years in similar surface & ground water networks, utilities Road construction projects or equivalent.
• Experience must include sewage projects in Large Scale infrastructure utilises, drainage, sewerage, surface water & Sewerage, roads networks construction.
• Experience in preparatory construction project monthly valuation.
• Experience in assessing and valuating Contractor's claims.
• Good documentation of records.
• Preparation of submission of all SI, VO, Claims to Ashghal and for project close out.
• Must have ability to utilize computer technology to analyze data, maintain records analyze financial data and generate reports.
• Must have good command of English both written and spoken.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html