Senior Protection & Control Engineer
Your Opportunity: Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities .
Your Duties: The Senior Protection and Control Engineer reports to the Substation P&C Engineering Manager, based out of Lake Mary, Florida office. This client facing position is responsible for project scoping, work planning, and execution of P&C studies, relay coordination, and construction sequencing for medium and high voltage substations. The Engineer may work as an Owner's Engineer, interacting with our client & internal/external multi-disciplinary teams to assist in developing efficient and reliable substation automation systems.
- Perform P&C system studies/calculations/coordination
- Support the development of control building layout, P&C one-line diagram, AC/DC schematics, control panel layout and wiring diagram, station service AC/DC distribution diagram, bill of material, cable schedule, etc.
- Carry out/review/analyze complex technical studies and project scopes; develop and review technical specifications, drawings and standards of equipment/ projects
- Provide construction support including resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects
- Lead multi-discipline project teams and performing quality reviews
- Develop engineering standards, cost estimates, scopes, and technical specifications
- Relay settings development experience using system modeling software is a plus
- Ability to mentor both entry level and experienced engineers
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering license valid in the USA or ability to obtain within one year of start date
- 10 years of experience in protection and control design
- Advanced knowledge of P&C engineering schemes including feeder, breaker, bus, capacitor bank, transformer and transmission line protection
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite; AutoCAD and/or Microstation software
- Knowledge of operation and design of substation SCADA and Telecom systems
- Effective interpersonal skills (written, verbal) and ability to successfully work in a team-oriented environment
- Must have a valid US driver's license and good driving record
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top