Senior Project Specialist
Your Opportunity: Our Mining group works with some of the world's largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in feasibility studies, underground mining methods/mine development, complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, mine ventilation, mine headframes and hoisting systems. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Your Duties: Our Tempe, AZ office is currently looking to fill the role of Senior Project Specialist. Aa a Senior Project Specialist you may work on various projects at any given time, take on various levels of responsibility depending on the project, and will be directly involved with clients. On a day-to-day basis, this position interacts with various groups and levels of management within the company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyze applicable reports, drawings, blueprints, tests, and related documentation to plan and design projects.
- May direct and supervise other engineer's activities.
- May direct the project design team.
- Prepare and manage reports, studies, specifications, plans, and designs for projects.
- May serve as a Project Manager and / or a designated client contact.
- Attend client meetings.
- Participate in senior technical reviews.
- Responsible for control of work in process.
- May visit construction sites to monitor progress and other duties.
- Ability to liaise with clients on a technical level and present reports and presentations in a professional manner.
- Keep Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project scope or additional services.
- Keep accurate time records for billing purposes and submit them on a weekly basis.
- Help out in whatever duties are required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Travel associated with project work may be required. International or national trips will be expected with the possibility of extended stays.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Mining Engineering Degree from an accredited University.
- At least ten years of applicable experience.
- Extensive experience in underground mine design, including ground support and excavation design, dewatering, and surface infrastructure.
- Experience in underground hard rock mining.
- Proficient in 3D Mine Design software (Vulcan, Mine2-4D, etc.).
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- Knowledge of ACAD a plus.
- PE registration preferred.
- Familiarity with Mine Health and Safety Regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top