Senior Project Scheduler
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and
infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
You will work on schedules of significant risk and impact to the organization requiring advanced knowledge of scheduling principles. Build and maintain schedules for projects. Monitor and report on status, analyzing schedule and associated changes for key risk areas and milestones impact.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage all activities associated with Project planning, scheduling, forecasting, monitoring and critical path analysis.
- Work with other Project team members in a multi-tasking environment and facilitate in implementing the project objectives.
- Participate in the planning process at the front-end of major Projects and assignments.
Conduct planning sessions as required.
- Participate in the development of Master and Detailed Schedule for all phases of the Project (design/engineering, approvals, procurement, construction, testing, start-up and commissioning). Monitor, analyze, and forecast on a regular basis.
- Review, analyze, and monitor Contractor, Vendor, and Owner schedules for schedule compliance. Report any schedule deviations and recommend corrective actions.
- Provide input to weekly and monthly reports including narratives, schedule updates, forecasting, trending, analysis and corrective action.
- Expedite, review and approve Contractor and Vendor schedules, to ensure plans are realistic and achievable. Incorporate into Master Schedule.
- Incorporate Client milestones and schedules into the Project Schedules.
- Work with Project Managers, Design Consultants and General Contractors to develop and monitor project schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of Corporate and Project processes and procedures for developing, implementing and monitoring schedules.
- Claims review analysis and recommendations.
- Earned Value Analysis and reporting.
- Highly motivated, self-managed, with a particular interest in planning & scheduling of major capital projects.
- Exceptional planning skills.
- Ability to work independently to plan new and unique Projects with Sr. Project Managers and Clients.
- Experience with Project Management and Project Controls principles, processes, procedures and software required.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Primavera products - specifically Primavera Project Planner (P3) versions 3.1, 5.0 or 6.0, experience working with Primavera Expedition or Contract Manager would be preferred
- Proficiency in MS Project and MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, including identification of feasible solutions in the absence of procedures or guidelines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a Team environment.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top