Senior Project Manager/Senior Scientist
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties Stantec seeks a Senior Project Manager/Senior Scientist with significant experience in Clean Water Act Section 316 (a), (b), and NPDES permitting for power and manufacturing companies. The successful candidate will assist clients in power and industrial markets to meet regulatory requirements related to the new federal guidelines under Clean Water Act 316 (b) for their facilities. Duties will include client and program management with a focus on business development working closely with Stantec's sector leads to grow our power generation sector. As a senior manager, the candidate will have the opportunity to work on a national platform within Stantec's multi-disciplinary environmental practice.
Duties will include development and implementation of field surveys to evaluate potential impacts to aquatic resources. The candidate will coordinate with our engineering group to assess how facility operations interact with biological and physical source water properties. The candidate will also be responsible for the development of technical biological reports which analyze site specific fish protection technologies and/or operational considerations. This will include evaluating the engineering feasibility and cost implications of implementation of selected technologies and/or operational practices. The successful candidate will need to be strong at interfacing with regulators, clients, and Stantec's other internal service areas to negotiate NPDES permit, 316 (a), 316 (b), and Endangered Species Act requirements.
The candidate will be responsible for mentoring junior- and mid-level environmental staff to develop their skill sets in the permitting and assessment practice area.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- MS in fisheries biology or ecology, engineering, or another area of environmental science with demonstrated experience in power or manufacturing industries.
- 10+ years of experience in complex environmental compliance projects in energy or industrial sectors.
- Experience must include extensive experience in regulatory compliance as regulated by the Clean Water Act 316 (a) (b).
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects within client's scope/budget/schedule expectations.
- Strong work ethic, high ethical standards, and a desire for team success
- Willingness to travel.
- Demonstrated experience with technical proposals, including development of scopes and cost estimates.
- Ability to harmonize multidisciplinary data so it is understandable to a diverse audience.
- Specific experience in developing EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with ESA requirements.
- Experience mobilizing leading field crews to conduct impingement and entrainment sampling surveys, or other fisheries biological sampling.
- Understanding of Biological Assessments (BAs) and Habitat Conservation Plans (HCPs), meeting U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) requirements.
- Good communicator, organizational, and team building skills.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top