Senior Project Manager - Water
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Seeking a motivated and energetic individual who values a culture of innovation, collaboration, and accountability to join our expanding water team at Stantec. The role of a Project Manager is to use their technical understanding and experience to lead a project team on various water related projects. The overall goal is deliver exceptional quality projects, maintain high client satisfactions, and manage the project quality and financials.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Execute projects as Project Manager and/or in a senior technical capacity on significant projects. Lead multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, studies, final design, and construction services.
- Develop relationships that lead to long-term business partnerships that extend beyond project completion, while working towards mutual success for our clients and Stantec.
- Maintain and enhance Stantec's reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider.
- Create a culture of collaboration by being both an effective team leader and player.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the process design, project detailed design, project specifications with construction documents, including technical documentation from equipment suppliers/vendors (e.g., proposals, contracts, shop drawings, deliverables, scope of supply, deliverables, test data, etc.) to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Manages and leads other team members while working on projects; completes tasks and delegates specific project tasks to other team members as appropriate.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management.
- Experience in professional practice, project management and business development with particular interest related to water treatment/distribution, wastewater collection/treatment/disposal and hydrology design/modeling, and general municipal engineering.
- Position requires the ability to manage significant projects and effectiveness in working with a team.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, contractors and vendors.
- Efficient project execution of multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Understands client expectations, project budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing.
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team and project, strategy development and change management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving and risk management.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering from an accredited institution.
Masters of Science in Engineering from an accredited institution preferred.
Licensed Professional Engineer with ability to become licensed in Texas within 6 months of employment.
Minimum of 8 years of experience or the combination of education and experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900033M
Back to top