Senior Project Manager, Urban Redevelopment / Infrastructure
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
As a Project Manager within Stantec's Programs and Business Solutions Group (PBS) in our St. Louis office you will be responsible for executing technical and strategic assignments to address capital infrastructure needs and urban planning priorities.
The role involves the efficient and effective support of program delivery by applying urban planning and project management principles, critical thinking, leveraging the expertise of others, synthesizing information, and formulating solutions to a varied array of challenges. You will interface daily with program leadership, internal project teams, leaders and representatives of various functional areas, technical specialists, external design engineers and construction personnel, and others. The work environment is fast paced, collaborative, and dynamic.
To be successful in this role, you will need a sound knowledge of program and project management delivery fundamentals. You will also have a proven track record in the ability to grow a team and win new clients and grow your team's portfolio and proven ability to work in partnership with city employees and elected officials. The position is based in our City of St. Louis Stantec office with the other members of the Stantec team. While much of your work will be performed in an office setting, field work at various Client facilities will be required.
This position is structured for "seller-doers." You will be able to demonstrate a proven ability to develop client relationships and win work in the area of urban redevelopment and infrastructure development. The candidate should have previous work experience of identifying clients' needs and developing consulting services support to help the client be successful in meeting their organizational goals.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and expand key client relationships resulting in consulting services engagements.
- This role will predominantly be involved in the management of street infrastructure and urban development projects. The projects include coordination/collaboration with developer partners with the owner, coordination with federal, state, and local agencies, designers, and contractors. These positions will report to a senior program manager. The projects are in various stages of development, from planning and design through construction and closeout.
- Oversight of technical aspects of urban development projects including mixed-use development, public finance, infrastructure, community outreach, working with numerous stakeholders, proven ability to work in partnership with city employees and elected officials.
- Lead delivery of assigned projects and tasks to meet the needs of diverse internal and external stakeholders (e.g., client staff, senior program staff, project teams, design consultants, local governments, developers, property owners). Assigned tasks may include: concept development; negotiating project scope, schedule and budget with a design consultant; management of the consultant's efforts to produce studies and bid documents; working with Client procurement staff to bid and award contracts for construction; supporting the assigned construction manager and inspection staff during construction to complete the project; and ensuring that completed projects are properly closed.
- Coordinate with program and project teams to implement risk and value management plans.
- Collect and synthesize information on identified risks and challenges, working with project teams and subject-matter experts to formulate and expedite strategic and tactical responses.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and briefings for various audiences including governmental entities; internal project teams, key stakeholder groups and Client executives.
- Confer with the senior program staff to determine strategies, priorities, and desired outcomes.
- Additional responsibilities will include engineering projects in the Missouri region. This project type will involve detailed coordination and collaboration with in-house engineering and management teams.
- Coordinate with and facilitate interdisciplinary teams that may include design, construction, safety, permitting, land use, real estate acquisition, finance and controls, procurement, and public outreach personnel to execute assignments.
- Monitor and control delivery performance of assignments and verify assignments are executed in alignment with program objectives.
- Familiarity with government funding programs and proven ability to manage outcomes including required reporting.
- Serve as a technical reviewer within the program quality review process for assigned projects.
- Solve technical problems and advance special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated ability to identify new and expanded consulting services opportunities. After winning new work, a proven ability to plan, design, and deliver capital / urban projects.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a team of specialized employees and contractors in a coordinated and integrated manner.
- Have established network in the local marketplace.
- Experience managing projects and/or programs from $50M-100M .
- Experience working in a consulting engineering environment, Project/Program Management environment, or Construction Contracting environment.
- Project management experience on urban planning projects is preferred.
- Ability to logically analyze and manage project technical, budget and schedule activities.
- Experience is required in the management of project and/or program budget and cost control functions including budgeting, change management, cost estimating, forecasting.
- Ability to present technical information to executive level staff.
- Excellent computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Education and Experience
BA/BS in Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning, Construction Management or similar.
10-20 years of experience in design consulting, construction management and urban development.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Fenton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 19000187
Back to top