Senior Project Manager - Transmission & Distribution
Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Our Stantec Transmission & Distribution business line understands the challenges of the power sector in meeting worldwide demand for clean, efficient energy in the midst of financial, strategic, and regulatory uncertainty. Within our positive team environment, our employees enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of projects including transmission line, substation, converter stations, distribution - telecom, protection and control, renewable energy, and generation. We provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties Our Charlotte, NC office is seeking a Senior Project Manager - Transmission & Distribution to join our team.
- Lead assigned engineering and support resources to meet project requirements and delivery schedule
- Negotiate project scope and key performance indicators with clients
- Building long term business relationships with the client and client's management and engineering team
- Work with client through the idea generating stage
- Lead scoping studies and provide feasibility studies
- Plan, organize and manage the day to day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning and hand over
- Act as the owner's representative in the initial stages of the projects. Project planning and scheduling
- Manage the project in accordance with the project budget and schedule, including workforce planning and allocations
- Reporting the progress of the project to the client
- Identify staff and execution gaps and work with other parties within Stantec to fill those gaps
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field from an accredited post-secondary institution, or will consider relevant education and work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience in a consulting environment, providing multidisciplinary EPCM services to the electrical utility sector
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
- Well versed in commonly used project delivery models
- Strong understanding and experienced in planning/scheduling techniques; earned value methods; and cost and risk management
- Experience with the management of projects in an industrial environment
- Working knowledge of electrical utility systems, policies and procedures including engineering standards
- Experience working with a major electrical utility would be desirable
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top