Senior Project Manager - Principal - Land Development - ( 21000096 )
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Your role as Senior Project Manager is to collaborate together with the vast resources of a Global company to provide operational, technical and people leadership to the Community Development team, and continue our growth & success in Central Texas, based in our Austin, Texas office.
You will play a pivotal role in expanding our existing client and project base to position the firm to acquire new business.
We will rely on your ability to energize and inspire others to promote an environment for success within the team, and to champion new ideas while holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability to enable optimum personal and organizational performance.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Organize and supervise the work of a technical team with regard to the planning, design, processing and construction support of civil engineering projects; provide direction to guide projects to successful completion
- Supervise the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, cost estimates, and preliminary and final reports for land development projects
- Perform project management duties on major engineering projects, including client and sub-consultant coordination; making presentations to planning commissions, zoning boards, municipal officials and public agencies; attending client meeting; and visiting job sites
- Maintain project budgets, prepare estimates, establish cost controls and maintain project schedules and quality control; prepare monthly billing
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts in Austin and Central Texas, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts
- Prepare project proposals and attend pre- and post-proposals meetings/interviews
- Coach and develop team members to achieve high standards in meeting organizational goals
- Attract, grow, and retain high-quality staff, in collaboration with HR Business Partner, local and Business Center leadership
- Ensure the proper staffing of all projects including hiring, staff transitions, and labor sharing, in collaboration with local and Business Center leadership
- Establish, nurture and support the cross-discipline project design processes, communication and best practices, in collaboration with local and Business Center leadership
- Work with Business Center (BC) Leadership to identify BC priorities and strategic opportunities in the geographic market
- Collaborate with the Business Center and other Regional/Team Leaders to gather feedback and ensure that the integrated design process is delivering high quality results in the area location, making course corrections when necessary
- Collaborate in developing components of the annual BC Operating Budget related to the local area market
- Collaborate with local area leadership, including Project Managers, to ensure the office meets its operation goals and adheres to the PM framework
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A track record of establishing and maintaining client relationships in the Austin Texas area
- Strong ability to develop business and promote business relationships
- Strong ability to motivate staff and promote teamwork within and across offices
- Excellent organization, coordination, management and leadership skills
- Demonstrated technical leadership in various disciplines of Community Development (Engineering, Planning, Landscape Architecture)
- Results oriented individual who excels in multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong project planning and delivery experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and relevant design software
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Must have valid driver's license and good driving record
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 12 years of project management experience, including ability to organize and supervise the work of other engineers, designers and sub-consultants
- Education equivalent to college degree in civil engineering or equivalent work experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Texas-Austin
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-2220 Community Development-US Texas
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2021, 3:10:58 PM
Req ID: 21000096
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans