Senior Project Manager, Land Development
Your Opportunity The Stantec community unites more than 22,000 specialists working in over 400 locations. Our work-professional consulting in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our Salt Lake City office is looking for a Senior Project Manager for our Community Development practice area. This individual will be responsible for the schedule, budget, contract and client interaction for large, complex land development projects. Will provide clear direction to complete a project. Is responsible for project quality control. Has a strong understanding of the overall project development and design process; has extensive project management experience.
- Organizes and supervises the work of a technical team in the planning, design, processing and construction support of civil engineering projects.
- Supervises the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, cost estimates and preliminary and final reports for public works and land development projects.
- Performs project management duties on major engineering projects including client and sub consultant coordination; makes presentations to city council and boards when necessary; attends client meetings; visits job sites.
- Responsible for project budgets, estimates, cost controls and schedules
- Responsible for project quality control.
- Manages and controls sub consultant contracts.
- Organizes and maintains project files; prepares monthly billing.
- Prepares job proposals and attends proposal interviews.
- Sign plans as supervising engineer.
- Conducts performance appraisals; assists in the hiring of staff; and is responsible for staff development and disciplinary actions.
- Performs marketing of clients, negotiating with client and/or on behalf of client, etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 10+ years of project management experience; including ability to organize and supervise work of other engineers, designers and draftsmen.
- Education equivalent to graduation from college in civil engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Valid Utah Professional Engineer Registration or the ability to obtain within 3 months of employment.
- Thorough knowledge of the design of grading, streets, storm drain, sanitary sewers, and water systems.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Civil 3D for design purposes is required.
- Thorough understanding of the overall development and plan preparation process; knowledge of plan approval and processing requirements.
- Strong ability to develop business and promote business relationships.
- Excellent organization, coordination, managerial and "people" skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, letters and technical specifications.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheet software preferred
- Possess valid driver's license and good driving record.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top