Senior Project Manager - Highway Transportation Leader
- Austin, TX
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
As Senior Project Manager - Transportation Highway Leader, you will leverage your experience with Texas highway and roadway projects to assist in our growing Texas practice and manage the design and delivery of large projects.
You will play a pivotal role in expanding our existing client and project base and in efforts to position the firm to acquire new business in the Central Texas market. Further, you will have responsibility as Project Manager for projects in various phases from conceptual planning, through design, construction, and completion.
You will perform a variety of tasks with potentially complex features that will require the application of mature knowledge. You will lead the analysis of proposed projects to ensure reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of highway/roadway design from preliminary schematic through PS&E
- Lead and develop roadway staff
- Perform as project manager or task leader on highway projects
- Monitor the quality of design and technical service delivery on transportation projects
- Write and negotiate proposals with clients or reviewing agencies
- Lead and be actively engaged with prospective client's relationship building and maintenance
- Responsible for the review and sealing of projects and supervising the work of other engineers
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents
- Responsible for invoicing, managing and monitoring financial performance of project budgets using PM dashboard access
- Perform on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members
- Liaise with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials
- Participate in client functions, trade shows and conferences
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team-building skills
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships, coordinating project pursuits and proposal preparation
- Efficient project management and technical leadership on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule
- Understanding of client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing and collecting accounts receivable
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods
- Experience in relevant design software, which may include Microstation, Geopak or Inroads
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field.
TX PE license
Minimum of 15 years highway/roadway design experience - TxDOT Precertification
Experience in project management, planning, design and contract administration
Experience in successful highway project pursuits including identifying opportunities, building client relationships, developing teaming strategies and developing proposals
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 190001NA
Back to top