Senior Project Manager - Healthcare
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, formally VOA, we always design with community in mind .
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN.
Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager - Healthcare with our Architecture team in our Chicago, IL office. The Senior Project Manager - Healthcare will be responsible for client relationship development, prospecting, securing project and effective project execution as defined by project goals and metrics established at the outset including demonstrated ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project - technical, design and planning.
- Responsible for client relationship development and maintenance for at least 3 key client organizations resulting in repeat business and satisfaction at all levels within the organization
- Represents Stantec externally and is responsible for all communications with the client for the duration of the project and through post occupancy evaluation processes
- Understands the client's organization including sensitivities, issues and expectations of key decision-makers, is seen as a resource, and tracks the trajectory of the organization offering support as appropriate
- Provides leadership in project pursuits including proposal and presentation preparation/presentation
- Oversees all internal production activities and external consultant management
- Responsible for facilitating a quality work product that is defendable, cost appropriate
- As an active mentor, inspires and motivates project architects and project managers and is a daily resource for project execution issues
- Offers and supports creative design and planning decisions that are in line with project goals and understands their impact on cost, construction, sustainability and other factors
- Adheres to established internal and external sustainability requirements
- Excels in the art, understanding and approach to documenting how the project is to be constructed
- Understands relationship between design goals and technical constraints and executes accordingly in a leadership role
- Establishes project goals at project outset, communicates them to the team and ensures goals are met. Project goals include - Client, Design, Financial, Sustainability
- Responsible for invoicing, payments and accounts receivable tracking with accounting
- Sets and maintains the project schedule and communicates to the broader team
- Ensures project is meeting Stantec's QA/QC standards and that required sign off and client approvals occur
- Leads and develops feasible approach to schedule and project phasing (as appropriate) for project pursuits as part of the proposal process and for project implementation
- Leads and develops professional services fees for project pursuits and is responsible for successful and profitable implementation
- Leads and coordinates the activities of project staff and is accountable for them
- Assigns decision making tasks and work functions to appropriate individuals
- Responsible for management of the internal project team and the external project consultant team
- Provides direction and feedback to team members in support of professional development
- Conversant in contract language and intent, can reasonably assess risk and make meaningful value judgments regarding the firm's resources
- Prepares letters of agreement and contracts representing the written expression of the client's expectations and the firm's commitments, including scope, schedule, fee and goals. Enforces the contract.
- Solicits and encourages input from entire time consistent with search for the best solution
- Sets project sustainability requirements and tracks accordingly
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A degree in Architecture at an accredited institution
- Minimum of 15 - 18 years related architecture experience
- Must be Licensed Architect
- A general working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp and other industry accepted software
- Proficient in healthcare construction practices, phasing impacts, building systems, site and related infrastructure issues
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and management software
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top