Senior Project Manager, Environmental Services
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science!
We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career. This position is a leadership position focused on operational issues, business development, client relations, and technical delivery. The successful candidate will contribute to business operations and growth in the Southwest Region based out of our Phoenix, AZ office.
- Manage budgets, overhead, and expenses, proposal and business development budgets as appropriate
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Anticipate medium and long term client needs and industry dynamics
- Build, grow and develop a team of high performers
- Provide mentoring for more junior staff in the consulting practice and in client development
- Participate in strategic planning, business, proposal and capabilities development and project billable activities
- Oversee the work quality, technical delivery and quality control for contracts secured
- Bring industry relationships/teaming arrangements such that Stantec can evaluate opportunities, lay the ground work for future pursuits and close on contracts
- Be creative in looking to capture or develop new service lines related to environmental business growth
- Assess, and when needed, make recommendations to improve service quality, hire additional resources and business improvements to management
- Work collaboratively with practice leaders, sector leaders and operations leaders.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 20 plus yrs experience with a degree in environmental science, or related field. Experience in Private Sector Consulting required
- PE or PG preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Ability to lead cross functional technical teams
- Quality management and quality control skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Successful business development track record
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Team building skills
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top