Senior Project Manager
Stantec is searching for a Senior Project Manager to be located in Stantec's Houston, TX office. The main focus of this position is to manage water infrastructure projects; the position will also include client service management and business development. Stantec has offices in Houston, Austin, San Antonio and Dallas, Texas employing engineers, planners, scientists, specialists, and support staff delivering projects in a great variety of water infrastructure markets.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Provide leadership on small- to large-sized projects in the water and wastewater sectors including managing teams across multiple projects.
• Perform detailed planning of projects, oversight of execution of that plan and efficient project close-out. Candidate must have proven competency in project set-up (work breakdown structures; resource-loaded scheduling; and monitoring and reporting of earned value and financial performance); and in risk management and change order management
• Provide solutions and mentorship for troubled projects
• Create a culture of collaboration by being both an effective team leader and player
• Manage project teams comprised of an integrated global workforce from Stantec offices as well as sub consultants as-needed
• Clearly and appropriately communicate with project stakeholders including Stantec's clients, permitting agencies, Stantec's project delivery team and Stantec's commercial and operations management teams
• Develop relationships that lead to long-term business partnerships that extend beyond project completion, while working towards mutual success for our clients and Stantec
• Support efforts and teams in identifying, pursuing and winning new projects with existing clients as well as developing opportunities with new clients
• Present a thorough understanding of business development activities, including proposal development, contract administration, and client presentations; and experience sufficient to lead proposal efforts
• Development and management of large client accounts or multiple client accounts; responsible for specific backlog development goals
• Consistent and successful deployment of solutions for key client accounts
• Conduct formal client service evaluations at critical milestones during project delivery. Analyze favorable and unfavorable performance ratings and develop communication and action plans to validate and/or improve performance
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Credential and local PMI chapter membership
• 12+ years of experience managing projects, including leading multi-discipline engineering design teams
• Project management experience in the following technical areas:
o Consulting Engineering
o Wastewater Treatment and Conveyance
o Water Treatment and Conveyance
o Water Reuse
o Odor Control Facilities
o Engineering feasibility analyses and design
o Construction Management and Supervision
• Contract Management experience including management of as-needed engineering contracts and management of subcontractors
• Experience in managing remote teams
• Understanding of profit and loss monthly reporting for a public company
• Client interaction and management in a consulting engineering environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking experience
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders
• Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented complexities.
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH, now part of Stantec, is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email [email protected]
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top