Senior Project Manager
MWH Constructors (MWHC) is seeking a Senior Project Manager in Texas to provide overall management direction for one large field project (>$100 million) or two or more medium projects $25 to $75 million total value depending on complexity of the projects. Additionally, this position will make decisions and recommendations that improve our relationship with clients and increase profitability of projects that he/she manages.
1. Plan, organize and staff key field positions or subordinate project managers. Coordinate staffing with US Operations and other Area department heads.
2. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
3. Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts, to facilitate preconstruction and construction activities.
4. Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site construction managers and superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
5. Represent Company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
6. Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
7. Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the MWHC Management Administration Plan prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
8. Assure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
9. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
10. Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
11. Profit and Loss Responsibility.
12. Procurement of materials thru Purchase Agreements and Contracts.
13. Oversee Change Management, Cost Estimating, revenue and Cost Forecasting and Scheduling.
14. Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
If you are previous Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12 A) MOS
Marine Corps (1100 & 1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (50, 55 & 56) Series MOS Air Force (32 E) Series MOS
Navy(550, 753, 510, 653) Series MOS
Management responsibility generally limited to one large or several medium sized projects.
4-year engineering/construction management degree or equivalent experience and training/education.
12+ years of construction, design, finance and management experience/knowledge required on water and wastewater plants.
Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital.
Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
Strong business-orientation required. Proven experience and judgment.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top