Senior Project Manager - Civil Engineer
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Your Opportunity Stantec's Naples office is looking for a motivated Senior Project Manager - Community Development with strong land development and general civil engineering experience to come join our dynamic team!The ideal candidate will come with a background of supporting or leading the civil/site engineering aspects for a variety of projects, with a foundation of strong engineering/design skills. He/she will have been exposed to the entire project delivery process, including marketing/business development, client interaction, project management, and hands on design/engineering supervision. Your Key Responsibilities This role will include serving as the primary contact for our clients and has overall responsibility for the success of all assigned projects while working on large scale & highly visible development projects (residential, commercial, industrial, mixed use) as well as public sector facilities (parks, schools, etc.,) throughout the Tampa area. This position offers career development, the opportunity to expand the practice, and has the potential of participation in our leadership recognition program!
- Lead and mentor a team of professional and technical staff
- Lead the marketing and business development efforts for land development and general civil engineering projects
- Organize and lead project-related meetings and presentations
- Coordinate with client, team members, sub-consultants, and prepared detailed scope/fee proposals
- Perform planning phase activities, including initial project research and investigations, assessment of project feasibility, and provide input to project team on civil engineering related issues
- Perform and direct all aspects of civil engineering design including layout/geometry, grading, drainage, paving, water, sewer, and erosion control. Projects may include land development (all types/sectors), roadway/intersection design, hydrology/hydraulic stormwater modeling, hydraulic modeling of pipe networks, preparation of construction plans and related design reports
- Prepare complete submission packages, supporting calculations, cost estimates, project schedules, and other duties; effectively facilitate the agency review/approval process
- Supervise construction phase support services, including development of bidding and contract documents, field inspections, progress meetings, final certifications, etc.
- Monitor and control project progress, staffing, budgets, and methods of analysis and objectives and keep client informed of progress, budget, work progress and challenges
- Plan and execute QA/QC plan for individual projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A track record of successful projects, and established network of key relationships in the in the Tampa Bay land development and A/E/C community
- A strong working knowledge of civil engineering design including stormwater, utilities, paving, geometric roadway design, grading and earthwork
- A strong working knowledge of the regulatory/permitting process, and track record of successful project approvals and agency relationships
- Demonstrated project management and business development experience to nurture existing clients and develop new multi-disciplined opportunities to expand the practice including developing, recommending, and introducing innovation to our clients' projects
- Complete understanding of all phases of contract administration and execution, including scope definition, contract terms/conditions, negotiation, financial project management and complete contract performance (schedule and financial)
- A strong background in both private and public sector projects including commercial, residential, and mixed use developments as well as local governmental projects, with the ability to coordinate the entire project effort, client interaction and project management
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate, and build trust, rapport, and effective working relationships, both internally within a multidisciplinary team and externally, including making presentations to regulatory boards, shortlist selection committees, etc.
- An affinity for community involvement and visible local engagement is preferred to help promote the company's services and presence in the region.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
A Florida Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is required or must be able to obtain within first 6 months of employment
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top