Senior Project Manager
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Your Duties: Stantec's multi-disciplinary office in Albany, New York has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Project Manager.
We are seeking a candidate with experience in professional practice, project management and business development in the Capital District Market with particular interest related to water distribution, wastewater collection/treatment/disposal and hydrology design/modeling, and general municipal engineering.
This position requires the ability to handle significant projects, client and government agency responsibility and effectiveness in working with a team. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic professional who is interested in growth on a professional and personal level. We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
This requires extensive knowledge of clients and opportunities in the capital District area and ability to engage with our national Water Sector expertise across North America.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of fifteen to twenty (15-20) years of experience on projects showing increasing responsibility with at least ten (10) years in a project management role
- Registered Professional Engineer in New York
- Experience with water, sewer and storm water design and hydrology calculations/modeling
- Experience working with junior staff, client relationships and complex projects
- Have strong client relationships with Capital District area water and wastewater municipalities with Impeccable local reputation and client references
- Be able to manage design teams, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent communication and written skills
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top