Senior Project Manager- Aviation
- Boston, MA
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The Boston, MA office is looking for an Aviation Project Manager to join our team! The Aviation Project Manager will be responsible for managing and delivering all projects for several clients, from small General Aviation airports to large hub commercial service airports, within our Airport Infrastructure Sub-sector.
Projects will include conceptual designs and technical reports, airspace analyses, master plan updates and other planning studies, construction or rehabilitation of airfield pavements such as runways, taxiways and aprons, and other miscellaneous improvements. This individual will direct several project team members and will lead all aspects of projects from initial scoping through construction and project close-out. This individual will work closely with the Business Center Managing Leader and the Airport Infrastructure Sector Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Managing several clients, attending and participating in airport commission meetings, and providing guidance to Airport Managers, Airport Commissions, or Client Engineering Staff.
- In-depth knowledge of clients' needs and upcoming Capital Improvement Program (CIP) projects.
- Prepares project Scope of Services and engineering fees, establishes project goals, milestones, and procedures, defines roles and responsibilities, coordinates project resources, and monitors project progress.
- Work with the design team on deliverables, including preparation of drawings utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D, preparation of project specifications and construction cost estimates.
- Preparing grant administration paperwork for the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA's) Airport Improvement Program (AIP), as well as State grant administration.
- Provides guidance to Resident Engineers during construction with the ability and confidence to solve problems as needed.
- Approves contractor's pay estimates and leads discussions with contractors.
- Lead the preparation of proposals and statements of qualifications.
- Actively participates in the marketing process by delivering quality work, providing excellent client service and assisting with project pursuits.
- Takes active mentoring role; encourages, motivates and develops others for high performance; ensures that mistakes become learning experiences.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with the FAA's Airport Improvement Program procedures and the FAA's Advisory Circulars is preferred.
- Ability to manage all aspects of airport infrastructure project development.
- Experience in successful aviation project pursuits including identifying opportunities, client engagement, developing teaming strategies and developing proposals.
- Ability to coordinate with professional staff to develop multiple assignments.
- Strong client interaction and relationship skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, strong attentiveness to detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills and interface with multiple project managers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineer or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing projects within airport infrastructure design and construction administration
- PE license in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is required, or the ability to obtain a Massachusetts PE via comity immediately upon hire.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 19000274
Back to top